Thursday, September 24, 2009

Last post about cycling

Ok, I'm aware that this has become a cycling blog... Not to worry, this is the last one for a while. I have a bunch of posts on Timorese nationalism, the current furore over Australian/Timor-Leste/Indonesian relations, use of Indonesian in eastern Indonesia, how expensive university degrees are a forthcoming bubble, and so on milling around my head.

Anyway, there are a bunch of videos of the Tour de Timor that were quite good that I thought I should post.

The first, replete with uplifting, energising soundtrack further confirming my conviction that it's impossible to write a good song even peripherally about sport:


That aside, it's a pretty rocking video.

Finally, here's one of the crowds on the way into Dili. I've got to say, I don't even really remember the crowds at the end because I was busy trying to outmanoeuver Jesse and Joao...

No comments: