Monday, June 11, 2007

Back from the wilds?



There hasn't really been a reason for my absence over the last few months. I've had time, just had things I'd rather spend it on. I do like blogging though, so with a slight reallocation of time resources, I reckon I can start it up again. We'll see how long I last this time.

Just as a bit of an update for those who may wonder, life is good. My favourite girlfriend has finally moved to Indonesia and we're living with a friend in a wonderful (and rare) green leafy neighbourhood right in the centre of Jakarta; 10 minutes from my office and a 5 minute ojek ride for the girlfriend to her university.

My contract with the Cause of All the Sadness and Violence in the World ended in April so I headed over to Australia's Agency for International Development help them out on a mission to Papua and just generally be helpful on infrastructure/finance issues for a couple of months. Very fun, and interesting to get a look at another side of development, but I'm going to be working on a pretty important project with some pretty important people when I'm back at the Bank in a couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to it.

Fun as everything is over here right now however, it is coming up on our time to leave. Come December, the girlfriend and I will pack our bags where I will be a diplomatic trailing spouse in East Timor for 2 years. Exciting times.

Anyway, must be off. Hopefully I should be posting more regularly now. I've got ideas for posts backing up into my brain all over the place... We'll see how long it takes to clear them.

John

PS - We just bought a motorbike (don't tell our parents)...

No comments: