Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mount Merapi

As you may have heard, Mount Merapi, a volcano in Central Java here in Indonesia is looking worryingly like it's about to blow its top.

I would research this post, quote statistics of people killed over the last hundred years or so from Merapi's eruptions, location, height, and all of that stuff, but a journalist friend of mine, Chad, is out on the slopes of the volcano himself and he'll do it better than I ever could...

So check out his new experiment in blog based (and hopefully, for his sake, net funded) journalism at http://www.mountmerapi.blogspot.com/.

This would work better if I actually had an audience...

5 comments:

Wreckless said...

Is this an echo? Did you stutter, or do you repeat yourself??

Salagatle!

mr_john said...

Yeah, sorry... I clicked the post button twice. Should be fixed now.

Salagatle?

ohminous_t said...

Man you get way more comments than I do. Your blog has got a whole lot better. I checked it to see if you were alive after the earthquake. God forbid a white man should be killed. In actual fact I know very few people there.
Keep up the good and irregular work.

mr_john said...

I'm sad to say that with the exception of about 3-4 comments from people I know (and the one above) none of them are genuine. They're all spambots. I got most of them a few days ago in the space of about 3 minutes.

The perils of permitting anonymous posting...

I should comment on yours more often, I actually read it pretty regularly...

ohminous_t said...

thanks for your belief in me john. I believe in you, i believe you are truly evil.
And I really can't puntuate. Or spell.